Christ Caring… For People…Through People
It is the mission of the Care Ministries of First United Methodist Church of Enid to provide sensitive and compassionate care to those confined to hospitals, nursing homes, private homes, or other facilities; to recognize the need for new ministries of care; and to allow volunteers the opportunity to serve others as servants of Christ.
Opportunities for Service
- Hospital Visitor – Visit church members in the hospitals one day each week.
- Care Team Visitor – Visiting one person in need by phone, in person, or writing a note or card.
- Communion on Wheels – Deliver communion, as requested, to those unable to attend services of Holy Communion.
- Card Writers – Write cards and notes to care receivers.
- Casserole Ministry – Make and/or deliver casseroles for those needing care.
- Mustard Seeds Intercessory Prayer – Persons who meet monthly to pray for those who request prayer.
- Holy Rollers – Person able to drive someone to appointments, etc.
Opportunities for Fellowship
- DaVinci Girls – Ladies meet weekly on Mondays at 1:30 pm at DaVinci’s Coffee House for fun, fellowship, and support.
- Great Generations – Meet on specified Tuesdays of each month, September through May, at 10:00 am at the church for fellowship, fun, and discussion. There are various programs as well as sharing life experiences.